GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
These general terms and conditions of sale (“General Terms and Conditions of Sale”) apply to any order you place through www.phantomflightschool.co.uk (the “Website”) or you place directly with us in the usual course of business. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale apply regardless of how you place your order or access the Website, including via any technologies or devices by which we make the Website available to you at home, on the move or in store. You must read these General Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully. By placing an order with us, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety. If you do not agree to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety, you must not order any product or service through the Website or otherwise.
Opening an Account and Placing an Order
To place an order, you can open an account with us which will require you to provide some compulsory personal information. Alternatively, you can choose to place your order via the guest checkout.
You confirm that all information and details provided by you to us (including on registration) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your details at any time by going to Your Account.
When you create an account we may provide you with and/or ask you to use passwords or other means to allow you to access certain areas of the Website and/or to maintain your account security. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account information. We will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. Should you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your password or account, please contact us.
Where available, if you order through the Website via our guest checkout you will still need to provide us with certain compulsory personal information in order for us to process your order. We will not store the details that you provide via guest checkout (save for processing your order, or if you have opted in to receive marketing from us). However, you can choose to register an account with us after submitting your order.
Acceptance of your order
Please note that completion of the online checkout process does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase products or services from us. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when we despatch the product(s) or commence delivery of the services that you ordered from us. Prior to despatch of the product(s), we have the right to decline an order for any reason, including legal and regulatory reasons.
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge that we have received and are processing your order. The duration of our contract with you will start from when you order and we take payment and dispatch the products, until the last day of your right to cancel.
If we cannot supply you with the product or service you ordered, we will not process your order, inform you of this in writing (including email) and, if you have already paid for the product or service, refund you in full as soon as reasonably possible.
If the fulfilment of an order (or any aspect of it) would be illegal or unlawful, including by reason of breach of export controls or sanctions rules, we have the right to stop or cease to fulfil the order at any time, including after despatch of products and/or notification to you that the order has been received and is being processed. You acknowledge that we shall incur no liability in such circumstances.
All card payments are subject to authorisation by your card issuer. We take payment immediately for most products. In some instances we will require the payment of a non-returnable deposit and payment of any balance on collection in store / shipment to you.
All products ordered will remain our property until we have delivered the products to the address specified by you or they have been collected in store. If your payment is not received and you have already received the products you ordered from us, you must pay for or return those products to us in accordance with our reasonable return instructions and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
Free Flying Lessons
All purchases with a value of £750 or greater qualify for a free one-hour flying lesson. After completing your purchase in excess of £750, you will be emailed with a voucher code. Simply re-enter the website, and choose a location, date and time of your choice for your flying lesson from the selection available in the “Flight School” section of the website. At check-out, enter the voucher code and the price of the flying lesson will be re-set to £nil. Orders for more than one flying camera qualify you for a free flying lesson for each flying camera purchased. In this case please contact us using the contact form to request additional voucher codes. Vouchers expire six months after date of issue.
Delivery and Collection
Delivery (including delivery charges and timescales)
Delivery charges and timescales vary depending on the type of products ordered, the service you select and the delivery address. You’ll find full details of our delivery charges here.
Please note that certain products and services may be subject to alternative delivery charges, restrictions and/or timescales. In particular:
- Certain orders can only be delivered within the UK mainland and Northern Ireland and for high value items (over £100) a signature may be required on receipt (orders for delivery to the Isle of Man may incur additional charges. We are unable to deliver to the Orkney islands.
- We aim to deliver all orders received by 3pm the next day (except Sundays and bank holidays) to most UK addresses, Monday to Saturday 7.00am to 7.00pm (at peak times we may require orders to be placed earlier).
- Amendments and cancellations may be accepted before your order is prepared for despatch. At peak times we may set final amendment dates. The earliest delivery date for orders placed on Sunday will be the following Tuesday. Deliveries to the Isle of Man, Northern Ireland and some Scottish addresses will take 48 hours and we are unable to deliver on Mondays. For these regions, orders placed on Sunday will be delivered on Wednesday.
Delivery will be to the UK or international address or store specified in your order. If no one is available at a residential or other address at the time of delivery, a note will be left to advise whether your order has been left in a safe place e.g. with a neighbour, or returned to depot.
- All risk in the products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
- We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable legislation. For further information about your legal rights see “Your Right to Cancel” section below and contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for UK customers).
Collection from Our Chester Head Office
You will need to bring a printout of your order confirmation (and deposit receipt where applicable) when you collect your order. We’ll be in touch when your order is ready to be collected. All orders can be collected from 12pm – 5pm Monday to Friday only.
Due to customs, legal, regulatory and certain practical restrictions applicable to orders placed for international delivery, some of our products may not be available for delivery to certain destinations outside the UK. We reserve the right to define what can and cannot be delivered to which destination.
Payment – Purchases will be made in Pounds Sterling. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate and may add an additional processing or administration charge in relation to such payment which international credit card holders will be liable to pay.
Products ordered from us are sold on a delivery duty unpaid basis. The recipient may have to pay import duty or a formal customs entry fee prior to or on delivery. Additional taxes, fees or levies may apply according to local legislation and customers are required to check these details before placing an order for international delivery.
Where applicable, it will be your sole responsibility to comply with any export controls or sanctions rules applicable to goods supplied to you.
You’ll find more information on international delivery, returns and refunds, and VAT delays in our Support section.
Where the supply of your product(s) or service(s) is delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control (for example, material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand) we will make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
Changes to your order
Any changes to your order must be notified to us in writing and within a reasonable time. If you amend or change your order you may find there are changes to your delivery timetable and / or the price you pay for the item (you will be charged the current selling price on the day you amend your order).
Your right to cancel
If you are contracting with us as a consumer online or by phone, you have the right to cancel (under the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83 as implemented in the applicable EU member state (“CRD”)), all or part of your contract at any time up to 14 calendar days after the day on which you receive the goods or services you ordered. Any paid delivery charge will be included in your refund once we have received all (not part) of your order to the specified address below. Please note the delivery charge refund will be to the value of standard delivery. We will process your refund with 14 days of receipt of the products, to the specified address. You must take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession and they must be returned to us before we can issue your refund.
Our Returns address is: Returns, PhantomFlightSchool, Herons Way, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QR
For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). If you are a non-EU customer, please contact us to discuss returns.
If you wish to cancel (or are considering cancelling) a product or service you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the CRD available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services, for example, any products with a seal where the seal is broken.
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery then you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation or if you are unable to view the items on receipt, you must inform us (by post, phone or email only) within a reasonable period of time. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied.
- Damage during the course of returning products: If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- Other cancelled products: If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us of this within 14 calendar days after the day you receive the goods or services in accordance with the CRD or otherwise as soon as possible. You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel. Products should be returned in or with their original packaging.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the CRD. Full details of your rights under the CRD are available in the UK from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or your Local Authority’s Trading Standards Office.
In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we may offer you a replacement product. Any refunds given by us will be made to the debit/credit card account or by cheque (as applicable) provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged on return.
Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us (or arrange for us to collect them).
For certain products and services (for example, accommodation provided as part of our Phantom Flying Holidays programme) we reserve the right to substitute alternative products or services of equal or greater quality and value at no extra cost to you if we experience supply difficulties.
However, where this is the case, you will always have the right to accept or refuse any products or services that we substitute. If you choose to refuse any alternative product that we have substituted, we will offer a refund or replacement.
Free delivery on orders over £100
Free delivery applies within the UK for all orders from us when you spend £100 or more online in a single order delivered to a single address. The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions.
Product and service descriptions
We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on the Website are correct and that all products have been fairly described. However, when ordering products or services through the Website, please note that:
- orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or services or their prices as advertised on this Website;
- all prices are displayed in pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT where applicable (except for our International Deliveries, please see the International Delivery section below for further detail) unless expressly indicated otherwise
- packaging may vary from that shown on the Website;
- the weights, dimensions and capacities shown on the Website are approximate only;
- whilst we try to display the colours of our products accurately on the Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery
- all items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the product(s) or service(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative product(s) or service(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
Age restricted products
The purchase of certain products and services made available on the Website are subject to age requirements specified by law. We are not permitted by law to supply these products or services to individuals who do not satisfy these age requirements and, if you are underage, you must not attempt to order these products or services through the Website.
By placing an order with us you confirm that you (and, if different, the recipient of the product and/or service) satisfy the age requirements necessary to buy that product or service.
Hired Out Equipment
Period of Hire. The period of hire commences on the date the equipment is delivered to you. We will ensure that the equipment is in good working order and fit for the purpose for which equipment of this type is normally used. If you believe the equipment is not in good working order, you must tell us within 24 hours of the equipment being delivered to you. The period of hire terminates on the date the equipment is returned to us, in the same condition as when we delivered it to you. If the equipment is returned before the agreed termination date, no payments / repayments will be made. If the equipment is returned after the agreed termination date, the hire charges will continue pro-rata to the rate agreed for the initial hire period, will be invoiced in instalments during the period the equipment is on hire to you, and must be paid promptly on receipt of invoice.
When you hire equipment from us, we will make all reasonable efforts to instruct you in the safe use of the equipment hired. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for any damage / injury caused by your failure to comply with operating and safety instructions provided to you, either in writing or during face-to-face training in the safe use of the equipment. As such, you must ensure that you are properly covered by insurance for any risks involved in the use of the equipment, including personal injury, death, or damage to the equipment. While the equipment is in your possession, you are under an obligation to take all reasonable care of the equipment.
You agree that you will not use, sell or supply any product(s) purchased from us in an unlawful manner and, in particular, will comply with all export controls and sanctions rules.
There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in these General Terms and Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or because of fraud.
You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these General Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or product manuals provided with the products). We cannot accept liability for damage to products we have supplied which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
In any event we will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Assignment, waiver and third party rights
We may update or amend these General Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time to comply with law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party unless we agree in writing.
We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party at our discretion.
No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall operate as waiver of that right or remedy or shall affect our ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy. Any waiver must be agreed by us in writing.
If any of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall remain in full force and effect.
Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these Terms of Sale. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms of Sale, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.