We believe we are the only people in the country who can:
- Advise you on which drone and accessories to purchase
- Sell you a drone
- Show you how to fly it
- Put you through the PfCO course (ground school, Ops Manual and FlightTest)
- Prepare you for your flight test
- Advise you on how to make a commercial success of your business once you have your PfCO.
With any purchase of a drone or flying lesson, you automatically become a member of PhantomFlightClub. No one else gives you all this:
- Free lifetime email technical support and trouble shooting
- Short and long term hire of DJI drones and accessories, including extra batteries
- Members only ability to buy and sell PhantomFlightSchool verified second-hand drones and accessories to and from other PhantomFlightClub members with complete peace of mind
- Social events with other PhantomFlightClub members held around the country
- Members only test days for new DJI and competitor products as soon as they are released.
During an introductory one-hour lesson you can expect us to start by showing you the controls on the transmitter, what you can see on the screen, a bit about the weather and legislation, and safe flying technique. Then it is time to go outside to put you in control of a DJI drone, to show you for real how fantastic DJI drones are.
During an introductory two-hour lesson you can expect us to go into more detail about everything, in a less hurried manner. We can then spend more time actually flying, including explaining how to fly in ATTI mode, and introducing you to intelligent flight mode.
Please see a table “What we can teach you” setting out everything we can teach you about how to fly like a pro and film like a pro, and what you can expect to learn in a one or two hour lesson, also in this SUPPORT section.
One hour is generally enough to ensure that you get off to a safe and enjoyable start on your drone adventure, but two hours gives you more flying time and a more detailed insight into the DJI Go app as well as having a better look at the “Intelligent Flight” modes. You will definitely need to book a two-hour lesson if you want to try the DJI Inspire.
By all means bring a friend with you to share the lesson and watch you fly. If you would both like to fly then you will need to book a two-hour lesson.
No, you don’t need your own drone as you are welcome to fly one of ours as part of your lesson.
However, if you do have a drone of your own it makes sense to use it for the lesson when we can help you, for instance, to adjust the sensitivity of the controls to your liking, and make sure all of the other parameters in the DJI Go app are set up as they should be.
Please note that you do need your own drone to have a lesson at our Edinburgh flying site.
No, we can certainly help you with any make of drone as the principles we teach remain constant across all drone flying.
However, our expertise with the DJI Go app does not extend to other manufacturers’ operating systems so you would need to know your own system sufficiently well to avoid spending too much of the lesson working out how to monitor the battery, control the camera, switch between flight modes etc.
DJI drones fly perfectly in surprisingly strong winds. So unless the wind is blowing consistently at more than 15mph, or gusting above 20mph, we can go ahead with your lesson.
It remains the case that DJI drones are not waterproof (we are sure they will fix that soon). So if is forecast to rain at the time of your lesson, we will contact you to offer you a different time on the same day, or to reschedule the lesson for a different day.
If we are unable to find a convenient date and time to reschedule for, then we will refund your money in full.
While we don’t offer a part-exchange facility, we do offer what we believe to be the next best thing!
When you decide to purchase your drone upgrade from us we will:
- Inspect your old drone, controller(s), batteries and associated equipment
- Carry out a full flight test
- Provide a detailed condition report
- Photograph and advertise your drone on our website at a price agreed with you
- Accept payment on your behalf
- Ensure drone is registered to the new owner
- Organise delivery to the purchaser
- Pass 90% of the purchase price on to you
We have taught people as young as nine how to fly a drone. Young people, so long as they have the right temperament, often pick up how to fly very quickly. We ask that anyone under the age of 16 is accompanied by someone over the age of 18.
We do. As an official DJI UK retailer, we stock the full DJI range of products, including the Mavic.
We don’t. But we do have them in our test fleet, so you are very welcome to compare the GoPro Karma against the DJI Mavic Pro or the DJI Phantom 4 when you book a flying lesson with us.