Second Transmitter for Inspire 2
The Inspire 2 has been designed with dual-operator functionality in mind from the start. It features an FPV camera pointing forwards at all times, so that the pilot can see where the drone is heading, while the cameraman controls the camera with the second transmitter.
The things we love about the Inspire 2:
- Dual batteries means a battery failure will no longer mean a calamitous crash. Although rare, we have had reports from clients of perhaps 6 such crashes. They should be a thing of the past with the Inspire 2
- Dual batteries means even with a heavy camera, this drone flies forever. 25 minutes with the X5S camera. 27much improved the X4S camera
- The much improved connectors between the camera and the drone. This was always seen by us as a weak link with the Inspire 1. The connector on the Inspire 2 is much more robust
- Best in class collision avoidance. In our experience, collision avoidance is still a work in progress. But the Inspire 2 does it better than any other drone available
- That the Inspire 2, when paired with the X5S camera, delivers cinematographic results that would have cost £10,000’s to achieve less than two years ago. If your first name begins with S, and your surname is Spielberg, be very excited.
The things we don’t like about the Inspire 2:
- When paired with the (affordable) X4S camera, the photo and video results this drone delivers are on a par with the Phantom 4 Pro. But at a cost of £2,000 more
- When paired with the (sublime) X5S camera, the cost of the drone + camera is heading towards £5,000. The results are amazing. But the set-up cost is steep
- Because it flies with dual batteries, in order to be able to carry out additional flights without recharging, you must buy two, rather than one, extra batteries
- When paired with the X4S camera, the output quality is not much different from that from the Phantom 4 Pro. When paired with the X5S, the data rate at which the drone captures video is so significant that you need to carefully consider how you are going to process it. Your average laptop is not going to be up to the job. If indeed a MacBook Pro will be. Think carefully about your editing solution before diving in.
So overall, where do we stand?
The Inspire 2 is the most incredible drone available on Earth right now. If you can afford it, and / or justify it, then look no further. But it is not a 5 minute process to get the hang of it. If the Inspire 2 were a car, it would be a Porsche 911. The best of the best. But perhaps not a beginner’s model.