Your hosts on this Holiday are Alan Proto and George Blonsky.
Alan will help, during every flight, to enhance your drone flying skills. As well as making sure everything runs smoothly from dawn until after dark.
George has been a commercial, portrait, wildlife and landscape photographer for over twenty years. In his twenties he won a national competition to become a photographer for Getty. He was for many years the Sunday Times “Life in a Day Of” photographer; in which role he shot hundreds of household names from the worlds of stage, sports, screen, fashion and design.
As well as his commercial photography work, George also leads incomparable wildlife and landscape workshops in his original homeland of Greece, as well as co-hosting our own Drone Holidays to the Monasteries, Lakes and Mountains of Central Greece.
This whole area of The Pyrenees is stunning. For a period of centuries in the Middle Ages, this was the richest part of Europe. Which has left its mark in the character of the local villages, and the spectacular stone ruins of castles that sometimes appear to sit astride every peak. Our choice of locations will depend on the light and the weather. Places we love to visit in this area are:
- Etaing de Lers: a stunning lake in the mountains
- Chateau de Roquefixade: Ruined Medieval Castle atop a mountain
- Pont de Diable: Medieval stone bridge in a steep gorge
- Lac Bechmal: tiny lake surrounded by spectacular steep mountain slopes
- Mas d’Azil: Enormous cave mouth with fast flowing river
- Chateau de Montsegur: An even larger ruined Medieval Castle atop an even bigger mountain
- Stunning flying locations in the foothills of the French Pyrenees. For those booking on our May trip, there may well still be snow on the peaks when we arrive. Those picking October will enjoy the golden light of autumn. Fly around ancient ruined castles; medieval stone bridges; gorgeous mountain-top lakes; and idyllic Alpine villages
- Flying with fellow drone enthusiasts in some incredible flying locations
- Maximum group size 6
- Expert flying support from a PFS PfCO qualified pilot.
- Single-occupancy accommodation.
- Full board except for two lunches in restaurants
- All transport during the trip
- Airport transfers
What’s not included:
- Flights to destination
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Travel and drone insurance