As soon as we visited Manzac Gite for the first time in May 2017, we knew we had to make this one of our drone-flying holiday destinations. After sell-out trips in 2017 and 2018, we are back for more in 2019 (also sold out). We are now taking expressions of interest and deposits for 2020 – exact dates in May 2020 to be confirmed.
Situated in the Ariège Region, mid-way between Toulouse to the North and the French Pyrenees to the South, this is a gorgeous, unspoilt, hilly and green part of France. Ten years ago, Giles and Louise left their roles in the Army (Giles) and as a journalist for the Financial Times (Louise), sold up in the UK, and bought the huge, rambling, run-down set of buildings that today is Manzac Gite. Over the next several years, they turned it into a very special place to come and stay. Today the Gite has lots of original features, multiple living areas, roaring fires, and the most magnificent views towards the Pyrenees. The Gite is at the top of a tiny road, set in spacious grounds, with a swimming pool, fire pit and boules area, as well as a table tennis table in the studio. There is ample space to fly and film with your drone right from the back door of the Gite.
The Ariège region was one of the wealthiest parts of Europe in the middle ages. That wealth is visible in the many beautiful buildings, churches and squares in the picturesque villages we will be travelling through each day, and the ruined castles and bridges that we will film with our drones.
- Stunning flying locations in the foothills of the French Pyrenees. There may well still be snow on the peaks when we arrive in May. Fly around ancient ruined castles; medieval stone bridges; gorgeous mountain-top lakes; and idyllic Alpine villages
- Flying with fellow drone enthusiasts in some incredible flying locations
- Maximum group size 6
- Expert flying support from a PFS PfCO qualified pilot.
- Single-occupancy accommodation.
- Full board except for two lunches in restaurants
- All transport during the trip
- Airport transfers
What’s not included:
- Flights to destination
- Meals & drinks not mentioned
- Travel and drone insurance