An Introduction to Aerial Thermography
This course is for UAV pilots who want to learn more about Aerial Thermography, its uses and potential income opportunities or thermographers who are interested in UAV applications:
It covers the basics (and no more) that you need to know on Infrared Thermography before going out in the field. It also covers the main considerations needed when choosing a camera and platform. We the look at the setting up of a thermal camera on a drone, observe live data capture and review the images obtained.
The course will start with an overview of infrared basics followed by an introduction to Aerial Thermal Imaging, its advantages and applications. Moving on from there to discuss aerial cameras, platforms and the considerations you need to record the appropriate quality images from the air.
We then move on to a practical exercise in setting up a Thermal camera, flying and capturing thermal images which will be reviewed post flight.
In conclusion we consider potential income streams and how you may go about developing them
- Background basics to Infrared Thermography, just enough to get you started
- Aerial Thermography Applications, (these are growing all the time)
- Camera and platform selection, what you need to consider for a more informed choice
- Aerial Thermal camera set up, a review of the settings available
- Practical Flying and image capture
- Analysis and reporting options
Prerequisites and recommendations
- An Interest in the technology and potential business opportunities arising from Aerial Thermography