Why this trip?
The Jurassic Coast of Dorset is one of the most-loved parts of the UK for landscape photographers. Key to its draw are extraordinary coastal features like Chesil Beach and the Cliffs of Portland Bill, as well as the stunning ruins of Corfe Castle, and distinctive chalk hill-size sculptures like the Cerne Abbas Giant.
We are excited to be taking our Drone Photography and Videography Masterclass to the Jurassic Coast, for a unique drone holiday experience. Led by Alan Copson, Professional Stock Photographer for more than twenty years, and one of the UKs most-widely published landscape and travel photographers. And Alan Proto, founder of PhantomFlightSchool, the home of responsible drone flying.
Each day, our goal is to support your drone flying, photography, and videography, in order to ensure that whatever your experience and expertise when you arrive on the Masterclass, every day will be fun, exciting, and full of learning opportunities.
The program schedule is designed to be flexible. The initial briefing session will include a jumpstart to taking better images, but assuming the weather is good, the plan is to be out flying. We will be based in Dorchester, at the heart of Dorset. From here we have ready access to enough amazing flying sites to keep us busy for the entire time, but if the weather is unkind we will return to base where we can have more detailed tutorial sessions, review images taken and look at professional video and image editing image software.
We will have our £6,000 Matrice 200 drone with us, which is entirely waterproof. Clients will be welcome to fly and film using this during this Masterclass. Clients are also encouraged to bring conventional cameras since there will be plenty of opportunity for traditional photography. Most of the same principles apply whether the camera in the air or on the ground and being good with a normal camera is a huge benefit when it comes to using a drone.
- Daily landscape and drone-photography masterclasses with Alan Copson, Professional Stock Photographer for more than twenty years, with more Lonely Planet Guide and Rough Guide Front Covers than any other UK photographer
- Maximum group size 6
- Expert flying support from your PhantomFlightSchool PfCO qualified pilot
- Single-person ensuite accommodation in or around Dorchester, Dorset
- All breakfasts
- All transport during the trip in our comfortable minibus
- Fly our waterproof £6,000 Matrice 200 drone if it rains
- Expert advice on post-production in Lightroom / Photoshop / iMovie, if the weather is poor
What’s not included:
- Meals & drinks not mentioned